“Working in IT allowed me to play to my strengths: using technical skill and creative problem solving while effectively bridging the communication gap between our users and the IT department.”
October 2019 – March 2020
My Role(s): LAN Administrator (IT)
Additional Task(s): Customer Service, Office Organization
Working in IT allowed me to play to my strengths: using technical skill and creative problem solving while effectively bridging the communication gap between our users and the IT department. As part of a team of three IT specialists, I was responsible for maintaining and repairing hundreds of computers and phones in a call center office. I helped transition the office from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and everything that came with that, including mass deployment of updates and software. I was also responsible for creating user profiles both for Windows (using Active Directory) and the company’s proprietary account system.
I was also responsible for making sure the network remained operational, handling the connections between wired and wireless devices amongst themselves and the servers.
– Quickly became proficient in many areas of IT to help smoothly transition the upgrade of hundreds of workstations from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
– Devised several creative solutions to efficiently solve complex problems and keep office operations unimpeded.
– Effectively improved communication between the technically-minded IT department and the laymen to solve problems faster.
– Retained a positive demeanor in a demanding, stressful environment to maintain office cultural professionalism.
– Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
– Windows Administrative Tools (Active Directory, Remote Desktop, Virtualization, Hypervisors, etc.)